Saturday, August 27, 2011

A Debt-Free Christmas!

David and I have recently taken the course, "Financial Peace University", and are committed to getting out of debt and changing our future.  Now, the purpose of this post is to discuss neither the financial course itself nor our debt, but that information serves as the background for the rest of what I have to say.

Because all of our extra income currently goes toward debt, I feel like we rarely get to enjoy the luxuries that I think we should have.  I've found a different - and fun - way of getting those luxuries for free.  It is through hosting parties and shows for other home businesses!

I've received jewelry, beauty products, and cleaning supplies that I never could have bought - at least not for a few more years.  Yet my family and I get to enjoy these things as my gift for hosting and taking orders! 

I know many people think that they can only host one or two times per year, or whatever given time frame they have in their minds.  But this is not true!  I do believe you need to be sensitive to friends and such, regarding the number of times you invite them.  However, I've found that different products appeal to different people.

I have certain friends that I do invite to every show I host, and they understand that I do not expect them to drop everything to come; nor do I expect them to purchase items every single time.  But others, I invite to select shows to prevent burnout.  For instance, I invited all my co-workers to see the jewelry, I invited some recent high school grads and their moms to the beauty product show, and I invited a chiropractor friend and my neighbors to check out some new chemical-free cleaning supplies.

As far as snacks?  I don't spend a fortune!  I usually do something like a pan of brownies, or most recently, I bought a tub of yogurt to serve with berries and granola for parfaits (Saturday morning party!).  It's a very small amount to spend when you consider the amount of products received for free!

I challenge you to think about your reason for hosting . . . or for not hosting!  What might be holding you back from receiving free products from Discovery Toys?  By inviting just a few of your friends and acquaintances to your home or even to a coffee shop, you can easily get a virtually free Christmas for your children, grandchildren, nieces/nephews, etc.  I also mentioned in my most recent newsletter that I am now offering an Express Show option that takes virtually 60 minutes or less!  

You don't have to be on the fast track for getting out of debt like we are - it's a necessity for our family.  But I imagine you have a million other places you could spend that money you usually spend on the children in your life.  Give me a call today!  I look forward to helping you enjoy your debt-free Christmas!





No comments:

Post a Comment