Wednesday, October 10, 2012

A Short Clarification

A couple of days ago, I posted a very lengthy announcement.  Within minutes, I had so much feedback, I began to rethink how many details and how much emotion had been shared - I retracted the entire post, but only after some 90 people read it.

Obviously, then, word has gotten around that our family has some big changes coming in the future.  I didn't feel like I should leave it at that and no longer have a post at all, so here is the long and short of it for now.

*David has accepted a job working for his dad
*He is planning as of now to start at the beginning of January

And to answer questions that many have asked and I am not always prepared to answer without tears:

*Yes, in fact, we do realize that our baby is due shortly before Christmas and will only be a couple of weeks old when it is time for David to start the new job. 
*No, we are not planning to sell our home, or even to attempt to put it on the market, before January.  I am not packing or preparing to move in any way right now.
*No, we don't know where we will live yet, or how God is working exactly, but we are convinced that we must take one step at a time - one moment at a time - and that He is leading us in that direction.
*We are very excited because in the months leading up to this, David had really been convicted about spending time with his family.  This job will allow him hours at home that he has only dreamed about for the past 5 years. 

Thank you all for your prayers as I know many of you have figured "something" was going on these past couple of weeks and I feel as if we withdrew for a while to focus on God and on our family.  We are looking forward (with some fear and confusion at times, yet with confidence and trust) to seeing how and where God leads us from here.

No comments:

Post a Comment