Friday, November 22, 2013

A Classic Julia Story

I was going to come back to blogging with a bang.  I wanted to share how God has worked in our family, how He has provided, some huge lessons we've learned. Something life-changing.
 
But when I tried to type yesterday, the keyboard and the website weren't working together.  I gave it a valiant effort, but gave up thinking that God must not have wanted me to share right that moment.  I don't know - sometimes my thoughts and words don't match up the way I think they do, and I come cross wrongly.  Who knows. 

So, I will wait on those "big" blog posts.  Maybe next time.  Instead, I have a classic Julia story.  If you know her at all, you will surely be able to picture her saying this!

This morning, Julia brought me her little pink Bible, as she often does.  "Read me John 19:26," she said.

Well, okay.  I don't even know if there is a John 19:26.  I took the Bible and said I would look for it.
For future reference ... the book of John has 21 chapters, and there are 42 verses in chapter 19 alone. I proceeded to read a bit about Jesus on the cross. 

I got to verse 30.  "Jesus tasted the vinegar.  Then He said, 'It is finished.'  He bowed His head and died."

Oh, dear, I thought, here we go.  Julia has a fascination with death lately, which has generated some great discussions on salvation, but I wasn't sure I was up for that at an early hour this morning. 

She looked at me.  "Hmm," she said, shrugging her shoulders, "I guess He ate too much."

Yep.  Classic Julia.  Theology to follow ... another day. 

No comments:

Post a Comment