Monday, February 6, 2012

A Welcome Change in Plans

Two years ago I started out as an educational consultant for Discovery Toys, and I worked pretty hard at it the last year.  However, after taking the Financial Peace Univeristy course last year and giving it plenty of prayer, David and I have made a commitment to God and to our family: we are going to do all that we can to be debt-free aside from our mortage within the next year.

Because of this, I am no longer actively pursuing Discovery Toys, though if you need something, please contact me and I can definitely still get it for you!  David suggested that we start a blog for our family and we thought, we may as well use this one we already have.  After all, we are definitely DISCOVERING LIFE right now!! 

So if you were following this blog for DT only, I'm afraid you're not going to find much that interests you in that regard.  I do hope you'll continue to follow, though, to read about and maybe even share your own stories in living a frugal, fun-filled, blessed life!   

Just to get it out there, here are the topics I'll likely share:

-Eating healthy, whole foods more often than ever before
-Dealing with allergies in our son and what we're changing to help him cope
-Frugal living - tips, deals, recipes, etc.
-We'll see where this goes from there!

Happy Monday, everyone!

4 comments:

Jun-Nicole Matsushita said...

Emi,
Thank you for your inspiration! Best wishes on your journey. Jun-Nicole

Anonymous said...

I think that's great! Keep going strong! I have the same aspirations with living a debt free life and hope that once I graduate we will be debt free within six months of that.
~Laura Deeds

Melissa said...

We will miss you with the DT Team...Please let us know if you need anything. I think we should still get together sometime.

Emi said...

Thanks you three! I am so excited that our goal is attainable and on the horizon, even, and we're looking forward to see how God provides through our commitment!
Melissa - I'd love to still get together. I'm hoping DT can be a part of our lives next year when we can afford it as a hobby :-)

Post a Comment