Wednesday, March 7, 2012

Skinny Enchiladas

I've been looking for at least somewhat healthy on Pinterest.  It's not that easy to find them sometimes!  After an enchilada experiment that had my whole family turning their noses (so the sauce was green, who cares?!), they were relieved when this one turned out quite well.  We had just enough left for lunch the next day!

I thought I turned this picture . . . oh well.  I started by grilling the chicken on our beloved indoor grill for great flavor!
While that cooked, I mixed up the sauce - just some salsa and some Greek yogurt.  So easy!

Shred the chicken with two forks.

Mix sauteed veggies with some Greek yogurt for the filling.


Fill tortillas, top with sauce and cheese, and bake!


So really, the only differences I made from the original recipe were in the cheese.  I used full-fat, because I'm not really a low-fat kinda girl.  And I also (obviously) used more than 1/4 cup on the top.  But all things considered, it was still a pretty healthy meal.  

Skinny Enchiladas

Filling:
1 1/2 c. shredded cooked chicken breast
1 c. chopped onion
1 c. chopped bell pepper
1/2 c. nonfat Greek yogurt
1/2 c. low-fat shredded Mexican or cheddar cheese

Sauce:
3/4 c. salsa
1/4 c. nonfat Greek yogurt
1/4 c. low-fat shredded cheese

1. Preheat oven to 350 and lightly spray a 9x13 baking dish with Pam spray
2. Saute onions and peppers in olive oil until onions are brown
3. Mix veggies with nonfat yogurt, chicken, and cheese
4. Spread appx. 1/4 c. chicken mixture in each tortilla, roll up, and place seam down in dish
5. Mix salsa and Greek yogurt in a bowl and spread evenly onto tortillas.  Sprinkle with cheese.
6. Place foil over dish and bake for 15-20 minutes.

2 comments:

Pearl said...

Emi,
This chicken enchiladas surely look yummy! Makes me wish that I can eat cheese and other milk products at this time:(
Thanks for hosting the BS this morning.
Pearl

Emi said...

ooh, then, do I have a recipe for you! No cheese or anything dairy in it, and very tasty!!! I am posting it momentarily . . . :)

Post a Comment