Monday, June 25, 2012

Menu for 6/25

I'm trying something new tonight for grocery shopping.  I've been using an app on our KindleFire called "Pepperplate" to create my weekly planner for quite some time.  This week, though, I also logged onto their website, http://www.pepperplate.com/, and used it to make the menu as well as my grocery list.  I'm a little skeptical about carrying the Kindle around the store instead of my usual pen and notebook . . . but the site separates all of the groceries into categories, so I'm hoping that will be of great benefit.  We shall see!

Here is my menu for the week.

Breakfast:
cereal & bagles x2
French toast
egg burritos
homemade cinnamon rolls

Lunch:
Homemade Bagel pizzas x2
egg salad sandwiches
out with family
leftovers

Supper:
out with family (hopefully Panchero's!)
Brats, homemade mac & cheese, coleslaw
White Chicken Lasagna, Homemade French Bread
Pork tacos (roast pork in crockpot), rice & beans
Bible study group supper

I spent all morning cleaning out cupboards, and am hoping to get the refrigerator and freezer done yet today or early tomorrow.  Therefore, this week's meals are reflective of whatever surplusses I have found during the organization process.  You'll also notice I haven't listed any snacks for the week . . . that's because our cupboards were chock-full of crackers, popcorn, and all sorts of snack-y foods.  We will be munching on a bag full of apples & oranges that I had forgotten to take on vacation, as well as several fresh veggies that are still in our fridge!

Happy Monday!

No comments:

Post a Comment