Wednesday, June 8, 2011

To Clean or Not to Clean

Anyone who knows me, knows that I don't like messes.  I especially detest messes in my kitchen

Yesterday my mom and sister came for a visit.  I had put the baby down for a nap and told Samuel he could play with the "work toys", which is the name he coined for Marbleworks.

My thought was that this would free me up to be able to clean up our breakfast before my family arrived, so that I could spend time with them right away.  Samuel came out with the box of Marbleworks and asked me to play with him.  "No, Samuel, I need to clean the kitchen," came out of my mouth without even thinking.  "But Mommy," he said with tears welling up in his eyes, "You clean the kitchen everytime".

Wow.  Reality check.  I sat down with Samuel and we had so much fun putting all the pieces together and racing our marbles! 


And my mom and sister were happy because after they took this picture I had them occupy the kids while I cleaned up breakfast!

*If you are interested in Marbleworks but concerned about the size of marbles, please consider our Castle Marbleworks,  which has much larger pieces and balls.

No comments:

Post a Comment